Beth is currently an in network participating provider with Carefirst BCBS, Blue Choice, Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare, and JHEHP. This means that if you are a member of one of these plans you could receive acupuncture for as little as a $0-10 copay! If you are interested in learning more you should call the Member Services number on the back of your BCBS card or fill out the Insurance Verification Form found in the drop down menu.
Questions to ask Member Services:
• Does your specific plan covers acupuncture services for your specific condition? Just because you have insurance does not automatically mean that acupuncture services will be covered, this varies greatly from plan to plan. Some plans like Aetna and Cigna have very specific diagnostic codes they will and will not reimburse.
• If you are eligible for acupuncture services, do you have a deductible that has to be met and what is the amount of the deductible?
• What is your co-pay or co-insurance is for each visit?
• How many visits are you allowed per year, and if that year is considered a calendar year or a year running other than January – December?
• Do you need a referral or does your acupuncturist have to fill out a pre authorization form before you begin acupuncture treatments?
Once you have all this information, if you would like to schedule an appointment you can reach Beth at 410-591-2644 or at firstname.lastname@example.org On your first visit, it is your responsibility to bring with you your co-payment, any authorization paperwork, deductibles, and your insurance card. All co-pays are due at the time of services.
Other Insurance Companies
More and more plans are providing reimbursement for acupuncture treatments. Please call your insurance company and ask if they provide reimbursement for acupuncture and the terms and conditions for your reimbursement. The majority of flexible spending plans, also known as cafeteria benefit plans, will also reimburse for acupuncture treatments, check with your specific plan. Additionally, Health Savings Accounts will accept acupuncture and provide reimbursement. Beth will be happy to process your record of treatments, as well as the diagnostic code appropriate for your condition. A document will be returned to you so that you can seek reimbursement according to your plan.
Affinity Discount Programs
Beth is also associated with the below insurance companies through their affinity discount programs. This means that if you are a member of one of these plans you are eligible for a time of service cash discount. Please call Beth for more details about the Affinity Discount Programs.
• Carefirst/Blue Choice
• United Healthcare